2017 CAA Conference 'Better Together' - Call for Abstracts
(submissions close @ 5.00pm on Tuesday 02 May 2017)
You are invited to submit an abstract for the 2017 CAA Conference taking place on Wednesday 9 & Thursday 10 August in Adelaide, South Australia.
If you are involved in pre-hospital care or emergency management the 2017 CAA Conference is a great opportunity to share your knowledge, innovation, successes stories and ideas about the future of tomorrow’s ambulance and paramedic services.
With a theme for the 2017 Conference, Better Together, we will focus on Collaboration, Integration and Partnerships.
Each area is interconnected with an overarching emphasis on strong leadership to guide change and excellence in our sector.
• Collaboration is an important feature of our work – our daily activities require collaboration with hospitals and other parts of our health systems but the need to link and work with other services pre and post hospital both in health and across other public, private and voluntary organisations is an important part of the work a modern ambulance service delivers.
• Integration means that a broad cross-section of services and expertise is incorporated into the work we do – examples include the St John WA primary health care initiative, and the Australian Government trials of Health Care Homes to address patients with multiple chronic conditions.
• Partnerships are about synergistic relationships that can build a unified approach to health care or support the wider delivery of effective public services to the community. Examples include collaborative research partnerships with hospitals, universities and others, community paramedicine programs, partnerships with non-health emergency service agencies.
Within each of these areas, abstracts can address issues impacting on service delivery models in
* metropolitan, regional, rural and remote areas;
* workforce wellbeing;
* quality and safety standards.
Some of the most dramatic and life changing incidents in Australia, New Zealand and around the world, have highlighted the need for collaboration that works, real integration and partnerships that truly serve the community.
• Earthquakes in New Zealand
• Thunderstorm asthma in Victoria
• The power blackouts in South Australia
• The nightclub shootings in Florida
In continuing with CAA conference traditions, successful presentations will target a senior leadership audience and will be delivered in a compelling and energetic style. The use of high quality, modern presentation software such as Prezi and videos is encouraged, as is delegate interaction where appropriate.
We invite you to submit your abstract and look forward to showcasing a wide variety of projects, programs and case studies that prove that through collaboration, integration and partnerships we can achieve Better Together – for our patients, our people and our community.
Please CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the 2017 CAA Conference call for abstracts.
Guidelines for submitting your Abstract
We recommend that you prepare the contents of your abstract in another editor (Word, TextEdit, etc.) to ensure you have a copy of your submission.
Upon submission you will receive an automatic email letting you know we have received your submission.
Your submission must not exceed 250 words.
You must upload a photo of yourself and a short bio.
The presenting author of accepted abstracts will be provided with full complimentary conference registration.
Enquiries about content of submissions, contact:
Enquiries about the submission form and all other aspects of the Conference, contact:
+61 (03) 9429 8996