8 & 9 June 2021
Ipswich Civic Centre
Photo by Maria Eliza Day
arTour and Stage Queensland are proud to present ADAPT, a two-day conference exploring the performing arts industry’s response to our emerging post-COVID normal and exchange ideas and experiences on how we can continue to build adaptive resilience.
By combining forces, we’re bringing together performing arts organisations, producers, venues, marketing and box office professionals from across Queensland to provide the sector an opportunity for professional development, networking and connection.
ADAPT will be held at Ipswich Civic Centre on Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 June.
The theme of the conference is adaption. With this being the first time the industry in Queensland has had the opportunity to gather in more than 12 months due to the impact of COVID-19 the program is centred on innovations and strategies of adaption and change; critical decisions at pivotal moments; and exploring the possibilities that disruption can provide.
The program is designed for deep engagement over the two days, with a dinner scheduled on Tuesday evening to provide some much-needed social connection and networking. We encourage you to come to Ipswich, stay the night and invest in this opportunity to develop your skills, network and strengthen your understanding of our new performing arts landscape.
We already have some great speakers and sessions lined up, including:
- Opening keynote speaker - musician, music teacher and radio presenter Eddie Ayres
- A 20X20 presentation session where performing arts professionals spend 400 seconds sharing stories of their response to 2020, the challenges they faced and how they adapted
- Seed pitching from First Nations producers in current creative developments
- Reverse pitches from Queensland venues provide a chance for producers to understand programming priorities in preparation for Queensland Touring Showcase Online
- Sessions with arTour on submitting to the Queensland Touring Showcase Online and how to prepare a premium pitch
- Sector policy, funding and regulatory updates from Live Performance Australia, Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Queensland and PAX
Registration includes a delegate guide book with delegate list and contact information as well as fully catered program access over both days including the networking dinner on Tuesday evening.
arTour and Stage Queensland respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands, waters and seas on which we work and live, paying respects to Elders, past, present and future.
Please note: Registrations must close Wednesday 19 May 2021
With thanks to our event partners and sponsors