CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
NSW Aboriginal Mental Health and Wellbeing Workforce Forum 2019
‘Journeys in Aboriginal Mental Health and Wellbeing’
Sydney International Convention Centre Darling Harbour
27 and 28 November 2019
Abstract submissions are still open for 2019.
The NSW Aboriginal Mental Health and Wellbeing Workforce Forum is an annual two-day event that brings together Aboriginal mental health and wellbeing workers from public, Aboriginal community-controlled health services and community-managed mental health sectors to network, build knowledge and partnerships between sectors; in order to improve service delivery to Aboriginal people accessing mental health and wellbeing services.
The Forum is open to Aboriginal people and non-Aboriginal people whose work significantly involves Aboriginal consumers, or who work in other roles significantly contributing to Aboriginal mental health and wellbeing; such as in management, research or policy-related field.
We now welcome submissions for abstracts relevant to the forum and themes:
Journeys in Aboriginal Mental Health and Wellbeing:
• Pathways: Creating a sustainable future for Aboriginal mental health and wellbeing workforce
• Aboriginal Healing: Incorporating concepts of culture, healing, and trauma-informed care to support Aboriginal communities
• Leading better care: Utilising evidence-based practice, innovation and translational research in Aboriginal mental health and wellbeing.
Abstracts will be in the format of a 15 minute oral presentation (with five minutes of questions and answers) with a maximum of 10 accompanying presentation slides.
All submissions must contain the following information:
• Issue to be discussed
• Background to the issue
• Implications/outcomes about what you have done and why it is important
• How does the submission links to the theme/s
• Key message for delegates in the room.
• Emailed to organisers
• With email subject: 2019 Forum Abstract Submission
• Maximum 500 words
• Format – Microsoft Word document
• Use Arial 11 point type only
• Use single line spacing only
• Leave one line between paragraphs
• Specify any abbreviations used at the first mention
• Do not include references.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Forum Organising Committee. We will aim to announce successful abstracts by Thursday 10 October. If your abstract is successful you will be responsible for your own travel and accommodation arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming you to the forum in November 2019.
Contact us if you have any questions
Use the form to the right to get in touch.