ABS Australia Better Beef Seminar and Client Progeny Day
Day 1 – Monday 19th March
ABS Australia Better Beef Seminar
Guest speakers will include:
- Cliff Lamb of Texas A & M University – Cattle Fertility, Fixed Time AI, Advancements in FTAI, Feed Efficiency
- Mark Lucas of Reiland Angus and Pasture Agronomy Service – Knowing your grazing environment; plant and animal genetics selection.
- James Smallwood, General Manager of ABS Australia - Summary of ABS Sexcel Sexed Genetics and new ABS technologies.
- Fletch Kelly of ABS Australia Beef Team – Introduction to new technologies - ABS HCR program; a resource program of collecting data to analyse which semen sires perform better in FTAI and give feedback to supporting clients.
- Bill Cornell of ABS Global – Focus on bulls
- Lachlan Ayoub of Zoetis - Angus HeiferSELECT is an advanced genomic selection tool to inform the selection of replacement heifers for commercial Australian Angus breeders. The product is a collaboration between Angus Australia and Zoetis, the global leading genomic testing service organisation
- Producers Corner – Panel discussion from producers on the seedstock industry.
ABS Australia Producer Dinner
ABS Australia invites you to join them for a fun and informal dinner at the Commercial Club, Albury. A social evening to catch up with old friends, or make new ones.
There will be a small charity auction of 4 lots. Two lots are Ardrossan Equator A241 semen from Ardrossan. Two lots from ABS Australia. Proceeds to charity.
Pre-dinner drinks and dinner will be located in the Stanley Room at the Commercial Club.
Pre-dinner drinks: 6 pm
Day 2 – Tuesday 20th March
Farm Progeny Field Day
Farm 1: Progeny tour of Dunoon Angus, Holbrook –Dunoon Angus is run by the Harbison family. The herd holds its 32nd annual Angus bull sale in March. The herd has produced notable herd sires including legends Reagan and Evident. Dunoon will have a variety of sire groups penned up for inspection including those by Generation, Reserve, Foreman, Complement; Emperor, Rampage, Hoover Dam and homebred sires.
Farm 2: Progeny Tour of Ardrossan Angus, ‘Talmalmo Station’ . Ardrossan is well known in the beef industry with AI sires Connection, Admiral, Equator A241 and Honour as well as owning Edmund. The herd has relocated and this is the opening for the public to view the new headquarters.
Progeny to view include yearling heifers in sire groups by Complement and Edmund and Edmund sons, Kingdom, Honour and Gatsby. Other groups featuring yearling bulls and herd cows will be on display. View the new state of the art cattle shed and yards.
There will also be two demonstrations from our Sponsor, Sapien Techology on their KoolCollect and KoolPerform technologies.
Grazing BBQ lunch and refreshments on the banks of the Murray River
Day 3 – Wednesday 21st March
Cliff Lamb's FTAI Workshop
At the Dawson Room at the Atura Hotel, from 10am to 12noon Cliff will discuss FTAI programs, advantages to cattle management and fertility. The benefits are amazing with Cliff’s US trial yielding $150+ a calf per year compared to the farm’s previous systems. Cliff will answer questions on all aspects of FTAI.
After the official close at noon Cliff will be available for any informal discussions over lunch through to 2pm.
(Please note: many seminar attendees will have heard mostof this in Monday’s talk, but some may wish to spend more time with Cliff)
Dr Cliff Lamb
ABS Australia is pleased to support Beyond Blue and will be donating the proceeds of the Charity Auction to the organisation.
Progeny Day Sponsor
Registrations - Agri Alliance - Jo Palmer 0481 160 915
Accommodation - contact hotels directly - details on Travel and Accommodation page
All other enquiries - Bill Cornell - 0428 293 498