Best Practice Recruitment and Selection
Who should attend?
Government managers, potential members of selection panels and experienced panel members.
Note: This training includes up-to-date information from the new Queensland Government Recruitment and Selections Directive 12/20 and would serve as a valuable opportunity for experienced panel members to refresh their knowledge and ensure they are up to date with best practice.
We focus on recruiting people with real capability, performance and the right attitudes. We help you design a faster and more efficient process.
- Perform the role of chair or panel member with confidence and integrity
- Adopt current best practice & flexibility
- Design and implement an efficient, effective and ethical merit selection process
- Integrate capability and competency frameworks
- Apply evidence-based shortlisting techniques
- Develop great interview questions
- Manage high quality face-to-face and virtual interviews
- Elicit frank referee comment
- Address issues relating to prior knowledge
- Manage potential conflicts of interests
- Assess attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience
- Make the right decision
- Deliver constructive post-selection feedback
- Protect against successful appeals
- Highly skilled and experienced facilitators
- Our experience with more than 5000 public sector selection panels since 1996
- Up-to-date knowledge of both Queensland and Australian Government recruitment
Format: Face-to-face Workshop
Time: 9:00am – 4:30pm
Early Bird: $451.00 incl GST
(register by April 9th)
Standard Rate: $495.00 incl GST
Morning Tea and Lunch is provided
with tea and coffee available during breaks.
Manager, Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors, July 2019
Venue Location & Contact form
Workshops are held at the Christie Centre, 320 Adelaide St, Brisbane and run from 9:00am to approximately 4:30pm.
320 Adelaide Street
Queensland Australia 4000
07 3220 1166