Best Practice Recruitment and Selection (virtual)
Who should attend?
Government managers, potential members of selection panels and experienced panel members.
Note: This training includes up-to-date information from the new Queensland Government Recruitment and Selections Directive 12/20 and would serve as a valuable opportunity for experienced panel members to refresh their knowledge and ensure they are up to date with best practice.
We focus on recruiting people with real capability, performance and the right attitudes. We help you design a faster and more efficient process.
- Understand your role of chair or panel member in line with current Public Service reforms
- Design and implement an efficient and effective merit selection process
- Explore the range of selection methodologies
- Develop good interview questions and benchmarks
- Appropriately manage prior knowledge and conflicts of interest
- Understand the impact of unconscious bias and other factors influencing the panel
- Assess attitude and cultural fit as well as skills and experience
- Elicit useful referee comment
- Deliver constructive post-selection feedback
- Protect against complaints and allegations
- Optimise selection processes in the online/ remote environment
- Gain up-to-date public sector knowledge (including the new QLD Government Recruitment and Selection Directive 12/20)
- Highly skilled and experienced facilitators
- Our experience with more than 5000 public sector selection panels since 1996
- Up-to-date knowledge of both Queensland and Australian Government recruitment
Format: Two x half-day sessions
Delivery: via Zoom
Dates: June 2nd and 3rd, 2021
Time: 9:00am – 1:30pm each day
Early Bird: $451.00 incl GST
Standard Rate: $495.00 incl GST
Virtual Training Participant, June 2020
Venue Location & Contact form
Workshops are held at the Christie Centre, 320 Adelaide St, Brisbane and run from 9:00am to approximately 4:30pm.
07 3220 1166