Telstra RWIB: Resilience for the Future Fourth Forum
Dr Bishop is the Principal and founder of Sheldon College, and has had 40 years experience in the field of education, holding various Director positions with Education Queensland before leaving the department to start up her own school in the Redlands.
Dr Bishop holds a Masters Degree in Educational Administration, Educational Studies and Business Administration as well as a Doctor of Philosophy in Education. She is a fully qualified Psychologist and has been part-time lecturer in the Masters of Business Administration at the Queensland University of Technology.
This will the first in a series of workshops that will help you develop leadership effectiveness for sustained Business Outcomes, regardless of the size of your business. The series will address issues such as:
- Personality Profiling - understanding yourself and others; your individual work style; what drives you; and the impact this has on working with others, such that it leads to better teamwork, collaboration and leadership.
- The importance of Emotional Intelligence - understanding that IQ will get you a job; but EQ will determine your success.
- Team Work Makes the Dream Work - exploring the importance of building effective teams which are essential to the success of any business.
- Culture - understanding that every organisation or business has its own distinctive culture. What type of culture does your business have - one that is created by design, or be default?
- The difference between Managing and Leading