All speakers and presenters are requested to complete a consent form. Please click on 'consent form', print, complete the deatils, save and attach to your submission.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS 2021
The Conference Organising Committee invites you to present original work relating to the fields of skin and wound care at the conference to be held in Kirikiriroa, Hamilton, September 9 - 11, 2021. This opportunity to share your research and practice with colleagues is open to members and non-members of the NZWCS. You are welcome to print copies of this form (above as a PDF) and website details to colleagues.
PLEASE ensure you download and complete the presenter consent form and attached it to your email abstract asubmission.
Submissions Open – 5 April 2021
Submissions Close – 25 June 2021
Notification of Committee’s decision – 12 July 2021
Presentation date and time confirmed – 26 July 2021
The Conference Committee is responsible for the final selection and allocation of abstracts as oral or poster presentations.
Submissions are open for the following presentation types:
An Oral Presentation Research or Case study will be for 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
A Poster Presentation: posters will be on display for the duration of the conference. Presentation will be for 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for questions.
Lessons Learned: Share how you or your team may have worked differently, or in a more dynamic way such as in a disaster or pandemic (examples; virtual and electronic care delivery, patient self-management)
Complex and Challenging Wounds: Showcase how you or your team provided innovative care and/or dressings, to manage a complex patient and/or wound (examples surgical mesh, fistula management, open abdominal wounds, autoimmune conditions)
Research and Education: Describe and report outcomes for: research undertaken, new technology, model of practice or educational programme implemented
Specialised Practice or Challenging Care Settings: Share your or your team’s area of expertise, and how you prevented and/or managed a patient wound and/or skin conditions (example burns, head and neck, rural nursing, vascular, aged care, palliative care, dermatology, cultural, holistic, nutritional)
Procedure for submission – oral or poster
• Abstracts should be no more than 300 words, not including title/authors/affiliations, but including tables.
• Submitted electronically as an attached word document to Jeannette Henderson by 5pm on Friday 25 June 2021, by email.
• Your email subject line should read: Abstract – Author’s name followed by short abstract title e.g. – “Abstract – Williams – Debridement ….”
• The presenting author must register as a participant for the conference at least 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
• If you wish to withdraw or have an alternative presenter, please notify us by email.
• If you are using patient identifying information, such as photos, a copy of the NZWCS ‘Presenters Consent Form’ must be included
• If you do not want your presentation to be available on the NZWCS website, please advise by email.
Your abstract should be a Word document using the following formats and sent as an email attachment:
• Theme Font: Calibri
• Font size 10
• 1.5 line spacing
The abstract should include:
• Title of Paper should be concise and explanatory; write the title in bold and in CAPTIALS
• Author/s first name and surname
• Name of presenter should be underlined
• Affiliations/Organisations should be in Italics
• A brief statement of aims, objectives, methods, results, and conclusions
• Tables may be included but must be included in the word count which will be checked.
Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email. If you have not received acknowledgement within 48-72 hours, please contact Jeannette Henderson by email.
In the body of the email please indicate your preference of oral or poster presentation, provide your full contact details, including postal address, daytime phone number and email address – plus a brief biography i.e. 2 sentences. Please indicate if you would have difficulties with a particular day or time.
All submitted posters should meet the following criteria:
• Page Set up – Portrait
• Print size – 841mm x 1189mm
• Presenters are required to discuss their poster at the scheduled sessions during the programme
• NZWCS Presenter’s Consent Form must be completed, if using patient images/information (embed) presenters need to supply their own Velcro HOOKS to adhere their posters to the poster boards (6 – 8 per poster are required)