Rural and remote general practitioners are commonly faced with a number of medical scenarios which requires them to be multi skilled in area of emergency medicine. Rural and remote general practitioners must also learn to work with often limited support, supplies and equipment, particularly in a town without a hospital. It is therefore essential that they have the basic knowledge required for immediate emergency response in a number of disciplines.
The objective of this three day workshop is to provide rural doctors and nurses with cross domain, team-based learning opportunities across a number of topics such as structured approach to the critically ill, cardiology, obstetrics, orthopaedics, retrieval, trauma and airway management plus more.
1. Identify appropriate management techniques for patient care in every day emergencies in rural and remote practices.
2. Determine a relevant treatment plan based on the emergency situation
3. List appropriate support/services in relation to patient referral such as local transport and evacuation processes
4. Distinguish roles and responsibilities with other team members and other health care professionals to provide optimal patient care.
5. Utilise protocols and checklists used in emergency airway management to enhance patient safety
CPD & CME
15 educational activity & 6 performance review points + 6 MOPS
40 Accredited Activity CPD Points
Rural Procedural Training Grant
2 x days of Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics or Surgery grant
2 x day of Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, Obstetrics or Surgery grant
The lead presenter for this workshop is Dr Nigel Moore. Nigel is an Emergency Physician at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, where he co-ordinates the weekly departmental education program. He also has a background in rural medicine, spending time in Rockhampton, Mt Morgan, Emerald, Springsure, Blackwater, Bundaberg and Kingaroy prior to commencing Emergency specialist training.
Did you know you can apply for a bursary to attend our CPD Workshops? Before you register, find out more about the Health Workforce Scholarship Program.
If the workshop is cancelled due to COVID-19, we will issue a full refund.
Park Regis North Quay
293 North Quay
Queensland Australia 4000
Training & Events Coordinators
07 3105 7800