SOUTH ISLAND SPECTACULAR TRAIN TOUR
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Fairfax New Zealand Limited (“Fairfax”) organises the Readers' Rail Tours (the “Rail Tour”). In these terms and conditions “Terms” the Rail Tours participant is referred to as “Participant” and “you” and Fairfax is referred to as “Fairfax”, “we”, “us” and “our”.
The 2017 Rail Tours are taking place in the South Island, departing Auckland on Thursday, 20 April and continuing until Wednesday 3 May. The Rail Tour starts and finishes at the Auckland Airport. Your participation in the Rail Tour will be subject to Dunedin Railways (the “Carrier”) conditions of passage at all times.
Each Participant who registers for the Rail Tour agrees to be bound by these Terms and acknowledges that these Terms may be subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Fairfax without notice to the Participant.
Rail Tour Details
1. If you wish to attend the Rail Tour you will need to register for the Rail Tour by contacting
The Sunday Star Times Readers’ Rail Tour
Attention: Daniel Towers
PO Box 90741
Victoria Street West, Auckland 1010
Phone: 0800 0800 99 (free number)
Registration does not guarantee you a space on the Rail Tour, Tickets for the Rail Tour (“Tickets”) are subject to availability and are available on a first in first served basis.
2. A single Ticket is $5,925 including GST per person (twin share) (“Ticket Fee”). A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. A single supplement is available for solo travellers at $6,425 including GST. Payment by credit card is subject to a 2% surcharge. Please note, these prices include airfare. There is also an option excluding flights. Please refer to your booking form for these prices.
The tour starts and finishes at the Auckland Airport. The tour does not include transfers prior to its commencement or at the conclusion of the tour.
3. Fairfax may (at its sole discretion) change the date or cancel the Rail Tour at any time for any reason including force majeure. Where the Rail Tour is cancelled for whatever reason Fairfax will use best endeavours to re-schedule the Rail Tour. If Fairfax cannot reschedule the Rail Tour, or you are unable to participate in the re-scheduled Rail Tour you may be entitled to a refund of the Ticket Fee.
4. You are responsible for all additional costs associated with your participation in the Rail Tour including, meals where these are not provided for in the itinerary. The itinerary may be subject to change, at the discretion of Fairfax.
5. If you can no longer attend the Rail Tour you must let Fairfax know as soon as possible so that your space may be reallocated. All cancellations by you are subject to the cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Policy:. The following policy applies to refunds for cancellation by any Participant of the Rail Tour:
a. Cancellations up to six (6) weeks prior to departure: Full refund, less deposit ;
b. Cancellations less than six (6) weeks and up to 14 days prior to departure: Refund less deposit plus $600; and
c. Cancellations 14 days or less prior to departure and on-tour curtailment: No refund.
d. Rail Tour participants will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee.
e. Cancellations of flights: No refund, as per Air New Zealand Terms and Conditions.
Consent to Media Coverage of the Rail Tours
6. You consent to Fairfax carrying out filming, sound recording and/or photography of the Rail Tour as a participant and you consent to the use by Fairfax of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes without payment or compensation.
Registration and Personal Information
7. I declare that all the information supplied by me in registering for the Rail Tours is true and correct.
8. Use of the registration platform and the Stuff.co.nz website is subject at all times to Fairfax’s standard terms and conditions of use which can be viewed here http://www.stuff.co.nz/about-stuff/10647764/Website-terms-and-conditions.
10. I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Privacy Officer c|- Legal, Fairfax New Zealand Limited, PO Box 2595 Wellington.
Agreement and Indemnity
11. I declare, as a condition of registering for the Rail Tour, that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of my participation in the Rail Tour.
12. The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with my participation in the Rail Tour, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of registration in the Rail Tour and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Rail Tour and notwithstanding any decision thereon made by the Rail Tour organisers and other persons, corporations and bodies involved, engaged in promoting or staging the Rail Tour.
13. Fairfax will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of savings) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your registration and or participation in the Rail Tours or any failure or omission on the part of Fairfax to comply with its obligations under these Terms.
14. All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these Terms are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so. You agree that to the extent that you are acquiring goods or services under these Terms for the purposes of a business, the guarantees provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply to Fairfax’s supply of such goods and services.
15. You will indemnify Fairfax against any costs, losses and damages and will, at your cost, defend or settle any claim suit, action or proceeding brought against Fairfax arising from: (a) any breach of these Terms by you; and (b) your participation in the Rail Tours.
Exclusion of third-party representations
16. Whilst all material and content provided with regard to the Rail Tours is derived from sources believed to be accurate and current we give no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
Rail Tour Rules and Regulations
17. I acknowledge that Fairfax or its representatives may remove me from the Rail Tour and/or exclude me from participating (a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), or (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
18. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of Fairfax, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If a Ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the Ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the Ticket may be refused admission.
Consent to Medical Assistance
19. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered direction of the Rail Tour officials in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me during my participation in the Rail Tours.
20. I consent to the release of my personal information to medical assistance personal and the Rail Tour organisers in the event of a medical emergency during my participation in the Rail Tour.
Rail Tour Entry and Refunds
21. I agree that registration for the Rail Tour is personal and specific to me and that no other person is permitted to participate in my place.
22. I understand that should my contact details change after my registration is completed it is my responsibility to notify the Rail Tour organisers.
23. If a person-to-person transfer option is made available, which will only occur at Fairfax’s discretion, I consent to paying any applicable administration fee at the time of transfer.
24. Refunds may, at Fairfax’s discretion, be made available outside of the cancellation policy in clause 5 where participation in the Rail Tour is not appropriate due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. Refunds will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as merchandise or charitable donations. Rail Tour participants will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee.
25. I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these Terms for and on behalf of the participant. I also agree that, if signing this on behalf or a participant under the age of 13 years, that that participant will be accompanied by an adult at all times during the Rail Tour.