The two-day conference will kick-off on SUNDAY JUNE 26 with Registration and Meet & Greet. MONDAY JUNE 27 IS CONFERENCE DAY, concluding with the FIELD DAY at Robert's Turf Supplies on TUESDAY JUNE 28.
TurfBreed's 2022 National Grower Conference
It’s back on, TurfBreed’s 2022 National Grower Conference will be held at the Sunshine Coast’s Surfair/Ramada Marcoola this June 26 – 28. After a two year wait, the two-day Conference and Field Day will focus on Growing Stronger Together as an Australian turf network.
- The hottest topic on the agricultural scene – Getting more for Less
Dr Gregg Munshaw from Pinnacle Ag Research Chief Scientist & Director of Agronomy (US), talks about how to produce turfgrass more efficiently.
- Will Schnell, renowned sports turf manager whose past experiences include managing the iconic Rose Bowl Sports Ground at Pasadena in the US.
- TurfBreed’s R&D developments.
- A panel of the turf industry’s leading chemical authorities discussing – The Future Challenges and opportunities of chemicals in turf.
- A Q&A with TurfBreed’s Work, Health and Safety Ambassador – Gavin Howie from Turf NT, who’ll explain how a serious accident changed his overall attitude to onfarm safety.
- After the floods – a panel of growers from both NSW and QLD offering their advice following the worst floods in history to hit the industry.
- A line-up of turf supply chain partners both at the Conference and Field Day.
- A range of turf machinery and demonstrations at the Field Day.
The Conference will most importantly provide an opportunity for delegates and sponsors to build networks and share their expertise and services all in the one central location.
Register now and to be part of one of the Australian Turf Industry’s key events of the year!
EVENT AND HOTEL LOCATION
SURFAIR / RAMADA MARCOOLA BEACH HOTEL
Surfair / Ramada Marcoola
923 David Low Way,, Marcoola
Queensland Australia 4564
VENUE TEXT CAN BE SEEN HERE
Dr. Gregg Munshaw
Dr. Andrew Fletcher
Chris & Joanna Hulland
Dr. Brett Morris
Dr Sam Kleemann
What's on the Program
Pre-Conference Welcome Drinks & Registration
3.00PM -REGISTRATION OPENS
Sunshine Coast’s Surfair/Ramada Marcoola Hotel Reception
5.00 PM -PRE-CONFERENCE DRINKS & CANAPES
Surfair/Ramada Marcoola Hotel – On the Green
6.00 PM WELCOME ADDRESS
▪ TurfBreed’s Chairman, Sandy Bauman
Meet with delegates and mingle at our pre-conference welcome drinks and activities.
8.00am WELCOME ADDRESS Megan Woodward - MC, Steve Burt -TurfBreed’s Managing Director
8.15am KEYNOTE SPEAKER "Getting more for Less”
▪ Pinnacle Ag Research Chief Scientist & Director of Agronomy (USA), Dr Gregg Munshaw
9.15am MARKETING SPECIALIST “Knowing how you create value and insuring you get paid for it”
▪ Foundmpr Team – Partner, Damien Rossi
10.00am MORNING TEA
10.35am RESILIENCE BUILDING YOUR FARM Turf QLD (Hugo Struss) and Bruce Yelland – Moshie. “Building resilience and a robust business model”
11.30am TURFBREED “Looking to the Future”
▪ TurfBreed’s Managing Director, Steve Burt
1.40pm INTRODUCING “TurfBreed’s new TurfRnD facility & IronCutter™ – Australia’s latest elite hybrid bermuda grass”
▪ TurfBreed’s Senior Research Scientist, Dr Andrew Fletcher
▪ Mountain View Seeds Sports Turf Consultant (USA), Will Schnell
2.15pm SHOW AND TELL -“A grower case study”
▪ Advance Turf Instant Lawns (VIC), Joanna & Chris Hulland
2.40pm AGRICULTURAL FINANCE “Ag. Finance Trends & Importing Machinery” Grower Case Study ▪ Trident Financial Group, Peter Nichols
3.00pm AFTERNOON TEA
3.25 pm Q&A WITH TURFBREED’S WH&S AMBASSADOR “How a serious accident changed his overall attitude to onfarm Safety” Moderator – Megan Woodward
▪ Turf Grower Gavin Howie, Turf NT
▪ TurfPlus, David Raison -“The state of the Australian turf industry’s WH&S”
4.00pm Q&A with TURF’S LEADING CHEMICAL AUTHORITIES “The future challenges and opportunities of chemicals in turf regarding resistance and new product development” Moderator – John Keleher
- Dr Brett Morris, Syngenta (outlines the huge investment that goes into agrichemicals each year for Syngenta)
- Dr Sam Kleenan, Plant Science Consulting (explains how chemical resistance for vital turf chemicals is growing)
- Peter Kirby, Indigo Specialty Products (Chemical resistance and the state of play on Australia's turf industry)
- Ashley Neuendorf, Living Turf
5.00pm CONFERENCE CLOSES
6.30pm. PRE-DINNER CONFERENCE DRINKS
Sunshine Coast’s Surfair – On the Green/Bistro Terrace
7.00pm - 9.30pm CONFERENCE DINNER Surfair/Ramada Marcoola MC – Megan Woodward
- GUEST SPEAKER - Mick Angus - Director/Producer at DMA Creative - “Every journey has a story”
- CHARITY AUCTION - All proceeds to go to the Turf Growers’ Benevolent Fund
Field Day - ROBERTS TURF
Robert's Turf Supplies Welcomes TurfBreed Growers
9.30am – 2.15pm
WELCOME TO THE FIELD DAY
- Robert’s Turf Supplies
“Issues and Solutions” Ask the experts your key turf issues
▪ Dr Brett Morris and the Syngenta Team
“IronCutter™ – speak to the experts from both the US and Australia and find out all you need know as to why it is the newest elite hybrid bermudagrass to hit Australia”
- Mountain View Seeds Sports Turf Consultant (USA), Will Schnell
- Mountain View Seeds Vice-President (USA), Adam Russell
- TurfBreed’s Senior Research Scientist, Dr Andrew Fletcher
- Turf Grower (ALC), John Keleher
“Efficient use of fertiliser and reducing costs”
▪ GTS Director & Head Agronomist, Dr Paul Spencer
MACHINERY & CHEMICAL DEMOS.
* Morning Tea & Lunch Provided.
Let us know if you have any queries or suggestion, we would love to hear from you!