All speakers and presenters are requested to complete a consent form. Please click on 'consent form', print, complete the deatils, save and attach to your submission.
(to download a PDF of this information please click HERE)
The Programme Organising Committee invites you to present original work relating to the fields of wound care at the conference to be held in Dunedin 23 - 25 May 2019. This opportunity to share your research and practice with colleagues is open to members and non-members of the NZWCS. You are welcome to pass copies of this form and website details to colleagues.
- Submissions Open – November 1, 2018
- Submissions Close – February 24, 2019
- Notification of Committee’s decision – March 17, 2019
- Presentation date and time confirmed – April 8, 2019
The Programme Committee is responsible for the final selection and allocation of abstracts as oral or poster presentations.
Procedure for submission – oral or poster
• Free papers should be no more than 300 words, not including title/authors/affiliations, but including tables.
• Submitted electronically as an attached word document to Jeannette Henderson by 5pm on Friday 24 February 2019, by clicking here NZWCS
• Your email subject line should read: Abstract – Author’s name followed by short abstract title e.g. – “Abstract – Williams – Debridement ….”
• The presenting author must register as a participant for the full conference at least 14 days after acceptance of an abstract
• Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of your abstract – this must be done in writing via email before May 1, 2019.
Your abstract should be a Word document using the following formats and sent as an email attachment:
• Arial Narrow
• Font size 10
• 1.5 line spacing
• Title of Paper should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. Write the title in bold and in CAPTIALS
• Name of presenter should be underlined
• Affiliations/Organisations should be in Italics
The abstract should include:
• A concise and explanatory title
• Author’s first name, surname & affiliation(s)
• Presenter’s identity shown by underlining
• A brief statement of aims, objectives, methods, results and conclusions
• Tables may be included but must be included in the word count (<301) which will be checked.
Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged by email. Please contact Jeannette Henderson EMAIL if you get no reply within 48-72 hours.
In the body of the email please indicate your preference of oral or poster presentation, provide your full contact details, including postal address, daytime phone number and email address – plus a brief biography i.e. 2 sentences. Please indicate if you would have difficulties with a particular day or time.
All submitted posters should meet the following criteria:
• Page Set up – Portrait
• Print size – 841mm x 1189mm
• Presenters are required to discuss their poster at the scheduled sessions during the programme.
• Presenters need to supply their own Velcro HOOKS to adhere their posters to the poster boards (6 – 8 per poster are required).