Chronic Diseases Symposium
Presented by Epworth Rehabilitation and Mental Health
- Aged psychiatry and dementia
- Age, anxiety and depression
- Complex conversations with the patient who can no longer stay at home
- Recognising and managing heart failure
- Sleep health in obesity and cardiac presentations
- Clinical updates in osteoarthritis and joint replacement
- The triad of mental health, chronic pain and addiction
- The patient journey: Prehab, orthopaedic intervention and rehabilitation
- Management of chronic pain
- Voluntary assisted dying in general practice
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for the aging patient with dementia.
- Identify patients with risk factors associated with development of heart failure in the future.
- Evaluate the correlation between chronic pain, mental health and prescription medication addiction.
- Review the Victoria legislation regarding ‘Voluntary Assisted Dying’ and discuss possible implications in your practice.
- Recall chronic pain patients for medication review and treatment plan implementation. ( this is the the objective that addresses patient safety which is mandatory component)
- Prof David Ames, Psychiatrist
- Dr Hendrik Zimmet, Cardiologist
- Mr Harry Tsigaras, Orthopaedic Surgeon
- A/Prof Luis Prado, GP and Chief Medical Officer - Epworth HealthCare
This symposium provides 40 points for RACGP QI&CPD
$220 | GP's and non-Epworth clinicians
$150 | Epworth clinicians
Tickets include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
For more information please contact Anna Hill, Education Events Manager
Phone: +61 (0) 9516 2840
Email: anna.hill @epworth.org.au