The MS Australia Progress in MS Research Scientific Conference invites authors to submit abstracts for poster display.
- Abstracts can only be accepted if submitted online via the abstract portal.
- Abstract deadline is Monday, 28 February 2022.
- Please submit as early as possible prior to the deadline (in case you experience technical problems).
- Please select the theme most relevant to your abstract and do not submit the same abstract under different themes.
- Abstracts will be accepted from any theme/field of MS research, however to assist us in processing the abstracts please select the theme most closely matches your abstract.
- A selected number of abstracts will be accepted for oral presentation based on scientific merit and relevance to the conference key themes.
- Abstracts must be submitted as a Microsoft Word file, written in English and not exceed 300 words in length (excluding authors).
- Author affiliations must be provided in the following format: Group (optional), Department, University/Institute.
Abstracts must be structured according to the following subheadings:
+ Abstract Title (max. 20 words)
+ Keywords (max. 5 words)
+ Background (max. 45 words)
+ Objective (max. 45 words)
+ Methods (max. 70 words)
+ Results (max. 70 words)
+ Conclusion (max. 45 words)
- A high-resolution photo of the first author must be submitted with the abstract (max file size is 1MB).
- You will be notified on the outcome of your abstract submission in March 2022.
- The first author will be considered the contact author for the abstract, please no more than 2 abstracts per first author.
- After submission, emails concerning the abstract will be sent to the principal author of the abstract. Please ensure that emails from the event administrators are not considered as spam by your email provider.
- At least one author of each successful abstract must register for the event.
- Please do not include references or diagrams.
- Please avoid abbreviations and citations in the abstract.
- Please avoid complex mathematical formulae and Greek letters.
- Please use generic drug names.
- All funding sources should be acknowledged at the end of the abstract, this is not included within the word count.
- Unsuccessful abstracts for oral presentation will automatically be considered for poster presentation, you will be notified of the outcome accordingly.
- Abstracts may be published in a journal and on the event website, please indicate if you do not want your abstract to published at the time of submission.
CONFERENCE KEYNOTE THEMES
- Digital Research (Digital Biomarkers, Virtual Clinics, Digital Labs)
- Lifestyle Factors
- Imaging (Animal and Human)
- Innate Immunity
- Lifestyle and Environment (Epidemiology)
- Novel Therapeutics
- MS & Gender
- Glial Biology
- Rehabilitation, Symptom Management (Social and Applied)
- Progressive MS
- Human Pathogenesis
- Clinical Outcomes
Progress in MS Research Scientific Conference Bursary
The MS Australia conference bursary is designed to provide support for the best and brightest students undertaking research in MS to attend our 2022 Progress in MS Research Scientific Conference. To be eligible students need to be enrolled in a post graduate research program at a recognised Australian research institute, and have submitted an abstract to present at the Progress in MS Research Scientific Conference 2022.
Email Organiser & Event Location
Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart
1 Davey Street
Tasmania Australia 7000
Conference Secretariat, MS Australia
08 7071 1010