Poster Preparation Instructions
- PORTRAIT format
- no more than 90 cm wide
- no more than 120 cm long
- You must mount your poster before lunchtime on Monday 27th November.
- it is NOT acceptable to have a poster wider than the space, if you your poster is wider than 90 cm it will be covered by your neighbour!
- Your poster number will be issued inside the program e-booklet that will be available before the meeting by 17th August, you are required to mount the poster in the correct numbered space.
- Poster presenters will stand by their poster in the poster session 1 or 2 as shown in the poster number.
There is NO oral presentation, you will present a poster only.
Abstract Preparation Instructions
Abstract Submission Has Closed
We invite abstracts within the theme of "Variant Effect Prediction" for both oral and poster presentation.
As this is a training course there will be only limited time for oral presentation from abstracts and it is expected most abstracts submitted will be presented as posters only.
Please follow the instructions for preparation and submission below.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
1. Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion in the scientific programs must submit their abstract via EMAIL to info (at) meeting-makers.com having regard to the closing dates in the Call for Abstracts and on the Abstract submission site. Abstracts submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
2. The detailed formatting instructions below must be followed for the abstract to appear in the program e-book.
3. The title should be brief and explicit.
4. Including title, authors (full given first name and family name) and institution, the abstract must not exceed 520 words. Any references or acknowledgments must also be included in this allowance.
5. The acceptance, timing, presentation and discussion of all papers and posters is at the discretion of the Scientific Program Committee. Notification of the timing of presentations will appear in correspondence sent to all successful authors.
6. Tables, diagrams, graphs, etc. CANNOT be accepted in the abstract submission. This is due to problems with publication of them. You may include these in your presentation.
7. Please format & submit your abstract according to the below instructions.
8. AUTHORS MUST BE FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE MEETING BY 30th JUNE 2018 FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS. We DO NOT publish absracts from anyone not fully registered or attending the meeting.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word (docx, doc) or Pages.
- Maximum of 520 words
- Use a simple font (e.g., 10-point Arial) for text
- Headings should be bold and 14 point and small case letters
- Authors in Italics. Please underline the presenting author.
- Please give full addresses of all authors (without titles i.e. Dr etc) after the heading and put in italics.
- Please indicate the name of the corresponding author by an asterisk*.
- The Email of the corresponding author should be included below the addresses.
- Use italics for emphasis
- Do not use field functions
- Please turn OFF your track changes
- DO NOT JUSTIFY the text
- Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar
- Save your file in docx, doc or Pages format.
- Please use no more than three levels of displayed headings.
- Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
- Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed in a separate section before the reference list. The names of funding organizations should be written in full.
- Please always use internationally accepted signs and symbols for units, SI units.
- URLs of all databases referenced should be included.
- Do not include diagrams and tables, we cannot print them
- Nomenclature for variants must follow HGVS guidelines http://www.hgvs.org/mutnomen/
- Nomenclature for genes must follow HGNC guidelines http://www.genenames.org/
3 steps to sucessful abstract submission:
- Save your file with your surname followed by your first name initial, e.g. Jimmy Choo's abstract would be saved as chooJ. Please DO NOT name your abstract "variant abstract", "abstract" , "malaysia abstract" etc.
- EMAIL your abstract as a word file to Rania - rania (at) meeting-makers.com. Make sure to include a small cover letter such as "I wish to submit this abstract for the training course". Rania receives abstracts for many meetings so it is important you say which one. Emails received with no cover letter will be treated as viruses and not be opened.
- Expect a reply that the abstract was received within 3 days. If you do not receive a reply, please send it again. Please do not expect an immediate response, as a human being will answer not a computer auto mail.